NEW EVENT: First-Ever Petrolicious Drivers’ Academy at Willow Springs Raceway
Between the stress of holiday shopping and the nightmare that is holiday traveling, December can be a hectic month. Why not give yourself an early present? We’re all adults here, who’s to say we can’t play with our toys a few weeks ahead of schedule? So if trail-braking into an apex sounds better than cluelessly wandering Pottery Barn looking for the right hand towel to gift-wrap for your dear old mum, come join us for our first Petrolicious Drivers’ Academy at Willow Springs International Raceway on December 13th instead.
The event takes place at the Big Willow course, and all participants will have a dedicated professional driving instructor. Both vintage and modern cars are welcome as long as they meet the tech and safety requirements (read more here regarding convertibles). Any and all skill levels behind the wheel are welcome, we have three run groups to ensure that everyone can enjoy the track at their own pace, and by the end of the day they will all be a level or two higher thanks to our dedicated team of instructors.
It doesn’t matter if you want to trailer in your trusty track car or simply want to experience what it’s like to drive on a circuit for the first time, you won’t be left out. To that point, our experienced instructors accompany you in the car to help you hone your skills or simply start developing them. Beginner and intermediate drivers can take advantage of these at-speed tutoring sessions, while the more experienced group is free to take advantage of the instructors or simply go out for hot laps on their own. The point is, this is not just an open track day. To sign up for a good time, please click here for the application form. Additional details are below.
CHOPARD is the Exclusive Timekeeper of the Petrolicious Drivers’ Academy
- Friday, December 13th, 2019
- Willow Springs International Raceway, Rosamond, CA
- Petrolicious Premium and Founding Members: $495 per car*
- Non-Members: $575 per person
- If you do not have a Snell-approved helmet from 2010 or later, helmet rentals will be available at the track for $30
* Only one occupant (not including the instructor) is allowed in each car when they are on the track. If you would like to bring your spouse for instance, they are welcome to come for no additional charge but cannot go on track with you at any point during the day.
How to Apply:
- Please use this link to fill out the application form: Petrolicious Track Day application
- December 3rd, 2019
- Unless it is properly race-prepared or sufficient in factory specification, convertibles and roadsters and other open-top cars cannot go on track. All other cars are eligible. To read more about convertibles and this track day, please review the convertible section of the track FAQ.
- All drivers must have a valid driver’s license and proof of valid insurance. You do not need any type of racing license.
If you have any questions, please review the FAQs below, or email your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How big is the event?
- The event is limited to 40 cars.
I’ve never done a track day before, where can I learn more about what to expect?
- Please check this FAQ from our partners at this event, Speedventures: on-track FAQ
What is included in the ticket price?
- The price includes access to the track, meals and refreshments for the course of the day, and one on one seat time with an instructor (this is not required, as we will also being hosting an event-wide introduction session to the track and how to drive it).
What is your cancellation policy and are tickets transferable?
- Tickets may be canceled at any time. For tickets canceled before December 1st, 2019, there will be a 50% refund. No refunds can be awarded after that date. Tickets are otherwise non-transferrable.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Please send any questions to email@example.com
Friday December 13th, 2019
6:30am Gates open
7:00am Registration starts
8:00am Drivers’ meeting
9:00am Track driving begins
12:45pm Break for lunch
1:45pm Track driving resumes
4:45pm Start of sunset laps
5:00pm End of event