Petrolicious Is Hiring: Copy Editor/Proofreader
Do you know your MLA and Chicago style guides by heart? Can you distinguish sports cars based on an exhaust note sounding from five blocks away? Petrolicious is seeking an experienced copy editor to proofread editorial content on a part-time basis. It’s not enough to know the English language backwards and forwards and upside down, you must also be as automotive-obsessed as we are—if you’re reading this there’s a good chance the latter part is already taken care of. The position will involve meticulous copyediting first and foremost, but there is room for expansion into feature story writing as well.
Please read the following before applying. We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type Part-Time
Location Los Angeles or Remote
Schedule Flexible, as long as deadlines are met
- Copyediting selected editorial content.
- Strong background in copyediting, more than a familiarity with style guides and applicable rules.
- The ability to meet deadlines while working on a part-time basis.
- An extensive knowledge of the types of automobiles we feature at Petrolicious, along with related subjects.
- A willingness and competency in regards to researching any inevitable gaps in knowledge related to the bullet above.
- Must have a working knowledge of WordPress and Google suite tools.
- Interested candidates should attach a résumé (in addition, a cover letter is optional, but preferable) in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line filled out as follows: “Application for copyediting position.”