Petrolicious Is Hiring: Writers And Feature Editors
If you enjoy writing and have more than a passing interest in classic road and race cars, we want to hear from you. Petrolicious is seeking aspiring and professional automotive journalists alike to create and edit editorial content on a part-time and potentially full-time basis. Experience in the industry, with writing and/or editing, and with creating web content is a definite plus, but not a strict requirement. Each application should include a portfolio of automotive-focused writing, especially so for those without industry experience. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the types of vehicles and events featured in our articles, possess more than surface knowledge about them, and will be excited to tell the next set of stories about their pasts, presents, and futures.
The job will involve writing and rewriting, editing, interviewing, necessary research, and other work concerned with the production of editorial content. Those who are also photographers with access to events and vintage cars are of course welcome to inquire as well. Regardless, please read the following before applying. We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type Part-Time, possibly Full-Time
Location Los Angeles or Remote
Schedule Flexible, as long as deadlines are met
- The primary responsibility will be writing articles on a wide range of topics assigned to the person in this role. These topics range from stories on events using photographs and press release-level information, to writing about the cars in our films, to conducting and editing interviews. You will work on articles about driving shoes to the most significant race cars, the important task is telling the story from a knowledgeable enthusiast’s perspective.
- Contributing ideas for stories on your own is another significant piece of the role. We have a wide network to help us share as much classic car content as you can find. These can be standalone, open-ended article ideas as well as those that fit into one of our existing series, like vintage videos or car reviews.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The desire and ability to write compelling automotive stories.
- A wide base of vintage road and race car knowledge that you are interested in expanding through research and writing.
- An ability to write in various formats and styles (event reports, car features, interviews, histories etc.).
- Able to work flexible hours and maintain deadlines.
- Must have working knowledge of WordPress and Google suite tools.
- Interested candidates should attach in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org a résumé and a portfolio of writing (preferably automotive) with at least two car-based articles of at least 500 words each. These do not have to be published anywhere previously.