Cache of a Lifetime
Garage: One of Mr. Roberto Vesco’s private garages
Location: An undisclosed location outside of Brescia, Italy
Why it’s interesting:
Anyone who participates in the Mille Miglia every year with a pre-war classic (and has won it on occasion to boot) is an interesting person in our book. If that weren’t enough, Mr. Vesco and his son Andrea Vesco also organize the annual Winter Marathon, a TSD rally that starts in beautiful, chic Madonna di Campiglio during the dead of winter and winds through snowy roads in the Dolomite mountains.
We were lucky enough to be invited to one of Mr. Vesco’s private garages. Although his BMW 328 Mille Miglia and Bugatti and other jewels of his collection were temporarily moved to another facility, there were plenty of automotive treasures to kick-start any enthusiast’s Attention Deficit Disorder.
Walking through this space, we continue to be amazed at the priceless objects casually laying around. We see:
- The crankshaft of a straight-eight Bugatti sitting on one end.
- Hard-to-find carbs such as the Webers for an early Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider Veloce
- Mechanical speedometer from a Bugatti thrown into the mix with a plethora of other speedometers and tachometers
- A stack of Italian automotive magazines from the 1930’s
- A collection of wooden steering wheels from Alfa Romeos, Ferraris, Maseratis, Fiats, and others hanging all over the garage.
- A set steel & aluminum Borrani wheels for an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Veloce
Well, you get the idea. Just check out the photos for yourself.
Roberto Vesco and his son, Andrea Vesco